Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Catch up!

The week of Paige's scans was a crazy busy week! We had scans, Carson's endo appointment all in salt Lake. After Paige got her chemo that week she came home on I.V. fluids AND ended up at Portneuf for 5 days. She had a fever and was admitted and her culture grew out so they kept her for an another 48 hours. The culture ended up being contaminated!!! Crazy!

That was a hard recovery for her. It set her back 2 extra weeks. It was her first set back but it was kinda a long set back! As much as I liked the break, I just want to get this chemo done! Her recoveries seem to take longer and longer... Her nausea is terrible and her throwing up too! She is allergic to a couple of antiemetics.. One of them being the steroid, dexamethasone. I really wish this worked for her! This is the steroid I was on when I was pregnant with Sydnee, from week 5 1/2 to week 22! It helps the nauseousness but doesn't help with the puffiness!! Anyways so we are going to try a different one but I am not holding my breath!

The last 3 or 4 times after chemo, she has been coming home on I.V. fluids. She just can't keep anything down and won't eat or drink anything.

She is scheduled to have her teeth capped when they take her port out, sometime in January!! Her last chemo is scheduled for the 7th of December if she recovers on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment