Saturday, August 27, 2011

Survival rate

A couple of people have asked me Paige's prognosis and survival rate and I don't think that is something I have posted yet. I don't mind people asking me questions at all, I am very open about it. We were told her survival rate is in the mid 70%. I was a little bummed when I heard this, I really wanted it to be high 90's, who wouldn't? They expect Paige to make a full recovery but not without complications. I will take the complications though....Some of her complications will be a secondary cancer, not a guarantee though, no pituitary gland function, which she will get hormone shots for everyday during adolescence and loss of hearing but she seems to hear just fine, Major dental work, which we are already seeing problems with. Where the radiation went in at, it probably got her salivary glands and so she doesn't have spit and it causes severe dry mouth and will decay her teeth. Her back tooth is already falling apart, like it is chipping away. It has to hurt so bad but she can't go to the dentist until she is done with chemo. She is a good little trooper though and I know she will be just fine. I love her and Carson and Syd so much and I am so glad to have them!! I hate that Paige has to go through this!! HATE IT!! She wants earrings in her ears so bad, just a few more months. I just need to get her sticker earrings.

I am so glad I have such good friends!! One of them just helped me redo my blog, I am kinda blog stupid!! Haha. Friends help out so much, emotionally! I am so thankful for them!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there guys, not too much longer! Your family strength is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your/her story. I am praying for her.

    ReplyDelete